St. Louis Mold Testing and Inspection Services
From The Experts At St. John Environmental Consulting
Many clients want to know exactly what types of mold they have growing in their buildings, and what types of spores that may be breathing in. We can offer a wide variety of sampling services that are analyzed by professional and impartial labs. We can perform these testing services in conjunction with a mold inspection, as a final clearance test or remediation verification, or to provide documentation needed for legal of insurance issues. Below is a brief list of the tests we commonly perform, but services can be customized for additional information.
Some of the mold tests we can perform:
- Mold spore air testing (also known as a spore trap analysis or clean air test)
- Swab Testing for Mold
- Direct tape-lift
The Process Of Testing For Mold
Any time you are remodeling, demolishing, repairing or otherwise disturbing materials that may contain mold, a mold inspection is recommended.
An experienced mold inspector will help you to determine the appropriate sampling plan and protocol to ensure that you protect yourself from health impacts and liabilities of mold, without wasting money on abating unnecessary materials.
We can make recommendations and write protocol on how to deal with mold. We can provide you with a list of qualified mold abatement companies if necessary.
Mold In Your Home Or Business
Why St. John Environmental Consulting?
- We do not offer mold remediation or water damage cleanup work, so you can be assured that our work is totally neutral and unbiased.
- We have the building science and indoor air quality background to diagnose and measure a wide variety of indoor air quality concerns and won’t be stumped if mold isn’t really the problem.
- We pride ourselves in thorough and cost-effective inspection and testing services with a focus on the use of on-site measurements whenever possible.
- Mold testing and inspection services are not regulated in Missouri or Illinois, so you should judge your inspection company by the other similar licenses they hold. We are licensed for asbestos, lead, mold, and other indoor air quality and environmental services.
Our Inspectors Will Work To Evaluate And Visually Inspect The Affected Area, Sample And Test For Airborne Mold Spore Levels And Confirm Or Rule Out Fungal Growth, As Well As Identify The Source Of Problem And Provide Protocol For Procedures To Clear And Restore The Affected Areas.
When You Need A Mold Inspection:
Any place in your home or business with excess moisture, such as standing water or condensation, can foster the growth of mold. If left unchecked, the growth and spread of mold inside a building may lead to health problems and building damage. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, symptoms can range anywhere from a stuffy nose, eye irritation, wheezing, or skin irritation, to more rare but severe allergic reactions such as fever, shortness of breath and even mold infections in the lungs.
Attic Mold Testing & Inspection
Attic mold is almost always the result of high humidity in the attic space. This high humidity causes condensation on the cold portions of the roofing materials (plywood or OSB) and results in mold growth on these surfaces. Attics should be designed with proper ventilation in mind. This would usually include low vents (soffit vents, bird-blocks, etc.) and high vents (roof vents, ridge cap vents etc.). Current code in Washington State requires 1 square foot of ventilation per 300 square feet of attic footprint. This is a general rule, but the type, location, and air-flow through the individual vents should be evaluated by a qualified inspector to determine exactly what has caused the deficiency that led to the attic mold growth. A neutral unbiased attic mold inspection will give you the information you need to find out exactly what the next step should be.
20 Years Of Experience
St. John Environmental Consulting LLC, (SEC) is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB).
The founder of SEC, Ian St. John, has worked in the environmental field since 1999. SEC provides safe, high-quality services to its clients. The company strives to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction through its ability to deliver high-value services to a growing list of federal, state, and private clients.
St. John Environmental Consulting
What We Inspect For Mold
- Identification of the source of the moisture
- List of affected materials
- Photos and floor-plans as applicable
- Results and interpretation of any lab samples
- Protocol and procedures for proper remediation and restoration (may include several options and cost estimates for remediation)
- Additional phone/email consultation with remediation or restoration contractor (additional fees may apply for on-site consultation)
- Final evaluation and clearance inspection (additional fees may apply)
Exposure to mold causes stuffy nose, eye irritation, wheezing, or skin irritation
Testing is the first step in keeping your family & business safe from mold in your environment.
Scientific studies show exposure to mold is linked to more rare but severe allergic reactions such as fever, shortness of breath and even mold infections in the lungs.
We can provide you with a list of qualified mold remediation companies.
"This company is great and goes above and beyond for their clients. I had researched other companies and heard about St. John Environmental and gave it a try. To say this company exceeded my expectations is an understatement. The owner goes over every last detail and leaves nothing untouched. If it’s not absolutely %150 up to standard he is not satisfied whatsoever. I love a company that can leave a job knowing there was nothing unfinished and did an awesome job. Highly recommended. If I could give more stars I would..”
5 Star Google Review
Let Our Experts Handle Your Mold Testing
St. John Environmental Consulting Services